Connect with us

News

Press Statement; The Many Lies Against Obong Nsima Ekere

Published

on

In the run up to today’s very critical Governorship Election, the APC Governorship Candidate, Obong Nsima Ekere has been the subject of a heinous online media campaign that seeks to stain him with the tar of violence and criminality.

From a blatantly false publication tagged Who Should Not Be Governor, which dripped with lies, deliberate falsehood and a frontal attack on truth, to a purported Memorandum of Understanding with Miyetti Allah promising to create a cattle colony in the state, the alleged influx of thugs into the state and now, an audio clip alleging that Obong Nsima Ekere has engaged militants to bomb and create violence across the state to disrupt tomorrow’s elections, PDP’s theatre of the absurd has been busy churning out falsehood in the hope to swing the election its way.

Let’s put it straight: This audio clip is false in its entirety. Obong Ekere has not and will not engage any militant to fight his electoral battles. Neither Nsima Ekere nor the APC is interested in procuring victory through violence and the suppression of the will of Akwa Ibom people. The Governorship of Akwa Ibom State can only be earned by a combination of capacity, character and realistic programmes. And he has all. Mr Ekere remains a man of peace and his entire public service records bear testimony to this.

We believe that this audio clip has been created with the help of technology first to portray Obong Ekere in bad light and earn him the ill will of the good people of Akwa Ibom State and more importantly, as cover for the violence which PDP has been planning and deploying across the state in the run up to the election.

We believe that our security agencies are alive to their responsibilities and will take steps to uncover the truth and bring all culprits and perpetrators of violence to book.

We urge the people of Akwa Ibom State to see the various attacks from PDP’s playbook as diversionary and a confirmation of APC’s position that PDP, being the main sponsor of violence in the state, must be checked by the security agencies to ensure a free and fair governorship election.

We urge all our supporters and partymen and indeed the people of Akwa Ibom State to ignore this attempt to hoodwink and remain calm and law abiding at this time.

As Obong Ekere has said before, election is not war and does not justify a resort to arms. Our democracy cannot and must not be watered by the blood of anyone.

Utibe Ukim
SA Communications

News

From Boardroom To Politics, Ex-First Bank Boss Eyes Oyo Governor’s Seat

Published

on

By

Adesola Adeduntan, the erstwhile Managing Director of First Bank has been named as one of the would-be successors of the Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde come 2027.

 

The banker who was allegedly eased out of banking for some undisclosed misdemeanors is claimed to have began consultations as he charts a new path in politics.

 

Sources hinted that Adeduntan had been interested in an elective position but his participation was measured because of his banking career. But now, the coast is clear and he is already aligning himself with some stakeholders ahead of 2027.

 

A list of names including Ilaji boss, Dotun Sanusi, Taofeek Arapaja, Stanley Olajide and many more has features as interested minds gunning for the number one seat in Oyo, a list Adeduntan has recently joined.

Continue Reading

News

Ex First Bank Boss, Afonja Dies In Auto Crash

Published

on

By

-Femi Bamgbose

 

Details have emerged on Monday, 20th May, 2024 regarding the tragic death of a former Chairman of First Bank Plc, Ajibola Afonja.

 

The 82 year-old man was said to have died in a car accident.

 

The accident occurred somewhere around Oyo town.

 

Sources hinted papermacheonline that the former Minister popularly known by his company name ‘IDS’ Integrated Dimensional System was rushed to the University College Hospital, Ibadan where he eventually gave up the ghost.

 

The news spread like wildfire within the society circle across Oyo State where Afonja was highly revered.

 

Family sources claimed he would be buried today according to Islamic rites.

Continue Reading

News

‘How Yahaya Bello Withdrew Almost $1M From Kogi Account To Pay Child’s School Fees’ EFCC boss, Olukoyede

Published

on

By

The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ola Olukoyede, has revealed that a former governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, transferred $720,000 from the government’s coffers to a bureau de change before leaving office to pay in advance for his child’s school fee.

 

Olukoyede revealed this during an interview with journalists on Tuesday in Abuja.

 

He said, “A sitting governor, because he knows he is going, moved money directly from government to bureau de change, used it to pay the child’s school fee in advance, $720,000 in advance, in anticipation that he was going to leave the Government House.

 

“In a poor state like Kogi, and you want me to close my eyes to that under the guise of ‘I’m being used.’ Being used by who at this stage of my life?”

 

 

Olukoyede further stated that he personally reached out to Bello, offering him a chance to clarify the situation in a respectful setting within the EFCC office but the ex-governor reportedly declined to cooperate, citing fears of harassment from an unnamed woman.

 

The EFCC boss added, “I didn’t initiate the case; I inherited the case file. I called for the file, and I said there are issues here.

 

“On my own, I called him, which I am not supposed to do, just to honour him as an immediate past governor. ‘Sir, there are issues. I’ve seen this case file. Can you just come let us clarify these issues?’

 

 

“He said, ‘Ha! Thank you, my brother. I know, but I can’t come. There’s one lady that has surrounded EFCC with over 100 people to come and embarrass me and intimitade me.’

 

Bello was said to have suggested that the EFCC come to his village rather than conduct an investigation at the agency’s quarters.

 

“I said if that is the issue, I’m going to pass you through my own gate, and you will come to my floor. We will accord you that respect. I will invite my operatives; they will interrogate and interview you in my own office. What could be more honourable than that to allay the fear?

 

“You know what he said: ‘Thank you, sir, but can’t they come to my village? Olukoyede added.

 

The chairman also highlighted the agency’s achievements during his tenure, stating, “We have recovered close to 120 billion and secured over 1,600 convictions in six months.

 

“I’m so passionate about the need for us to move forward in this country. We need the EFCC to survive. There are so many victims that we have wiped tears off their eyes, people that have been swindled in their millions. Every day, we keep recovering money for victims.”

 

PUNCH Online reports that the EFCC chairman, Olukoyede, has vowed to resign from his position if Yahaya Bello is not prosecuted.

 

The EFCC is seeking to arraign Bello on 19 counts bordering on alleged money laundering, breach of trust, and misappropriation of funds to the tune of N80.2 billion.

Continue Reading

Trending